- 1 package green beans, frozen
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 pounds chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 package angel hair pasta 12 ounces
- 1 package parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cans mixed vegetables
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 can refrigerated pie crust
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 package spinach, 10 ounces frozen
- 1 each fruit of choice
- 1 bag salad
- 2 packages white sauce mix
- 1 package herb dip mix
To start stacking this meal:
- Grill (bake, boil, pan fry or crock pot) 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- Serve half of the chicken breast immediately (Chicken Alfredo). Dice and freeze the remaining half (about 4 cups) in two, 1-pound zip-top freezer bags (about 2 cups each).
- When making Alfredo sauce for Chicken Alfredo, reserve 1 cup for Spinach Alfredo Pizza.
Meal 1: Chicken Alfredo
Meal 2: Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie
Meal 3: Spinach Alfredo Pizza
- A pre-roasted chicken from the grocery store provides approximately 3 ½ cups of meat.
- Homemade White Sauce freezes great. Just mix equal parts of butter and flour stirring into a paste. Freeze in 1-tablesppon balls, or in the cubes of an ice-cube tray. To make quick white sauce, simmer 2 tablespoon-cubes of the frozen butter and flour mixture with milk, then and salt and pepper (maybe some nutmeg) to taste. For Alfredo simply add a dash of garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
Chicken Alfredo with Green Beans and French Bread
- 1 12-ounce package angel hair past
- 2 packages (1 ½ cups) White Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter margarine
- 1 ½ cups Parmesan Cheese, grates
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 2 pounds Chicken (boneless, skinless, (grilled, baked, boiled, pan fried or crock pot)
- Prepare pasta following package instructions
- Prepare double batch of Alfredo sauce, whisking together 4 tablespoons flour, 4 tablespoons butter and 2 cups of milk.
- Add parmesan, garlic powder, and if you like white pepper.
- Reserve 1 cup of Alfredo for meal #3 Spinach Alfredo Pizza
- Place chicken over pasta top with alfredo sauce.
- Serve with French Bread and Green Beans.
Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie w/chilled sliced peaches (opt.)
- 2 Cups (1 pound) cooked, diced chicken
- 2- 14 ounce cans mixed vegetables, drained (frozen vegetables will work also)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 package (2 tablespoons) garden herb mix
- 1 Refrigerated Pie Crust
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except pie crust
- Pour Mixture into round casserole dish and top with pie crust
- Bake at 350 degrees until crust is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Prepare two of these dishes at the same time and freeze one (before baking)
- If your family loves the crust, like mine does, prepare a double crust pot pie by adding a crust on the bottom also. Add a cup of some of the white sauce with your chicken soup for a great twist.
Spinach Alfredo Pizza & Garden Salad
- 1 Can refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 Cups (1 pound) cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry with paper towel**
- 1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees. Press pizza dough onto un-greased cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Spread a thin layer of Alfredo Sauce on dough
- Top with cooked, diced chicken, cheese, and spinach; bake according to pizza crust directions.
- My children love to dip this pizza into marinara sauce.
- This is a great opportunity to invite children into the kitchen and letthem make their very own pizza.