- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 large onions, peeled, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 cans (10.5 oz) condensed beef broth
- 1 tbsp A1 Original steak sauce or other favorite steak sauce
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 cup mozzarella or Swiss cheese (shredded)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and cook 10 minutes or until golden brown stirring frequently.
- Add broth, 2 cans of water and steak sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Ladle soup into oven proof bowls and top with croutons and cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with extra croutons.