- worcestershire sauce
- cummin seed
- chili powder
- chicken bouillon cubes
- lemon juice
- brown sugar
- prepared mustard
- jar of chopped garlic
- vegetable oil
- salad dressing
- 6 pounds boneless skinless chicken
- 2 onions
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes
- 10.5 oz. beef broth
- 10.5 oz. chicken broth
- 1 can tomato soup
- picante sauce
- frozen peas
- 1 can buttermilk biscuits
- sour cream
- shredded cheese (fiesta blend)
- avacodo (optional)
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- hamburger buns
- 2-3 potatoes
- 2 carrots
Sides of your choice:
bag of salad
Barbecued Chicken Sandwiches, Baked Beans & Vegetable Sticks
- 2 ½ to 3 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken
- ½ cup Onion
- ¼ cup Chopped Celery
- ½ cup Catsup
- 1/3 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, prepared mustard
- In a skillet cook ½ cup chopped onion and ¼ cup chopped celery; cook until tender.
- Add ½ cup catsup, 1/3 cup water, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon each lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, prepared mustard.
- Add diced chicken and simmer together for approximately 30 minutes.
- Before serving on buns take a fork and shred the chicken.
- Add baked beans and vegetable sticks for a kid friendly dinner.
Chicken Tortilla Soup with salad
- 2 ½ to 3 Cups (1 pound) cooked, diced chicken
- ½ cup Onion
- ¼ cup Celery
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic
- 28 oz. Diced Tomatoes
- 10.5 oz. Beef Broth
- 10.5 oz. Chicken Broth
- 1 can Tomato soup
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Picante Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seed
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Sautee ½ cup onion, ¼ cup celery, 1/8 teaspoon garlic until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 15 minutes.
- Garnish with Sour Cream, Avocado, Fiesta Cheese and crumbled Tortilla Chips.
- I love to make my own tortilla strips by buying flour tortillas, cutting them into strips and baking @ 350 until crispy.
- To lower the salt content purchase broths with a reduced salt content.
- Consider sautéing red, green and yellow bell peppers with the onion and celery.
Creamed Chicken over Biscuits with Sliced Peaches & Salad
- 2 ½ to 3 cups (1 pound) cooked, diced chicken
- 2 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 - 2 cans buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups milk
- Prepare biscuits according to package.
- In a small saucepan place potato and carrots cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter, stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Add bouillon granules and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in chicken, peas and potatoes; heat through.
- Serve with cold sliced peaches and a crisp green salad. YUMMM.
- Consider adding corn to the mixture.
- This dish can also be served over toast.