- 5 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/3 cups cornmeal
- 2 5/8 Tablespoons dried mint flakes
- 1 1/3 cups dried parsley
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package baking yeast
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine flour, cornmeal, yeast, dried mint and dried parsley in the large bowl of a heavy duty electric mixer.
- Add oil, and then gradually add water, reserving about 2 tablespoons. Mix well with a dough hook on the electric mixer. Add the last 2 tablespoons of water, if needed.
- Let dough rest 15 mins. after mixing and formed into 2 or 3 large balls of dough. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters and place on nonstick cookie sheets.
- Bake 20 mins. and then turn cookies over. Bake another 20 mins. or until lightly browned. Let biscuits dry overnight until completely dry.
Yields about 96 dog cookies if you use a medium-sized dog bone cookie cutter.