- 3 eggs
- Baking Powder
- Dijon Mustard
- Black Pepper
- 3 sticks butter or margarine
- All-purpose flour
- White pepper
To prepare for this Meal Stack:
- 4 oz. (2 cups) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen cut broccoli
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- 8 boneless/ skinless chicken breasts (2½ to 3#)
- 1 Rotisserie chicken
- 2 pkgs. (6 oz. each) Chicken Stuffing mix
- 2 cans (10¾ oz. each) condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2/3 cup sour cream or milk
- 1 bag mixed salad greens
- 1 bottle of favorite salad dressing
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Purchase 1 Rotisserie chicken at store deli. Pick and shred meat from chicken. Measure 2½ cups and place in a qt-sized plastic Ziploc freezer bag. Seal and label the bag for the Chicken, Broccoli and Pasta Bake. Measure the remaining amount of shredded chicken and place in another qt-sized plastic freezer bag. Label the amount of chicken on the outside of the bag for future use.
Place both bags of meat in freezer until needed. Purchase 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast. Prepare Skillet Chicken & Stuffing. Before serving, remove 2 chicken breasts. Cube these chicken breasts and let cool. Once cool enough to store, place cubed chicken into a qt-sized plastic Ziploc freezer bag and seal. Label this bag for Country Chicken Casserole, and place in freezer until ready to use.Skillet Chicken & Stuffing
- 2 pkg. (6oz.) Chicken Stuffing Mix
- ½ c. butter/margarine, cut up
- 8 (abt. 3 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 can (10 ¾ oz.) condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2/3 c. sour cream or milk
- Mix contents of vegetable & seasoning packet, stuffing crumbs, margarine, and 3 c. hot water; set aside.
- Spray non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add chicken; cook over Medium heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Mix soup and sour cream; pour over chicken. Top with stuffing. Reduce heat to Low; cover. Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
*Serve with tossed salad. Serves 4.Chicken, Broccoli & Pasta Bake
- 12oz. uncooked fusilli or rotini pasta
- 1 can (18 oz.) condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ c. light mayonnaise
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1-2/3 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1¼ pounds (or abt. 2½ c.) shredded or diced cooked chicken
- ½ t. each salt and black pepper
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen cut broccoli, thawed
- ½ c. fresh bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 350°. Have ready a shallow 3-qt baking dish.
Cook pasta in a large pot lightly salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and return to pot. Put soup, eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, and about ½ of the cheese into a bowl; stir until blended.
- Lightly coat non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over Medium heat. Add chicken and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper; set aside to cool.
- Add chicken, broccoli and soup mixture to pasta; stirring gently to mix. Transfer to baking dish. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, mixed with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly and the top is golden brown.
Serves 6.Country Chicken Casserole
- ¼ c. butter/margarine
- 1/3 c. flour
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ t. white pepper
- 2 c. Half & Half
- 2 c. (1pound) cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 c. all-purpose or unbleached flour
- ¼ t. baking powder
- 1/3 c. butter/margarine, softened
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400°. Melt ¼ c. butter/margarine in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 1/3 c. flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in Half & Half. Cook until thickened and mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken and vegetables; cook until thoroughly heated. Pour filling into ungreased 2qt casserole dish.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off. In small bowl, combine 1 c. flour, baking powder, 1/3 c. butter or margarine, cheese and egg; mix with fork or pastry blender until crumbly. Crumble topping over chicken mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 20 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling bubbles around the edges.