- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 2 (1 oz) bottles red food coloring
- 1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1 table spoon granulated sugar; press mixture into bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat 3 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar at medium-low speed with an electric mixture 1 minute. Add eggs and next 6 ingredients, mixing on low speed just until fully combined. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300 degrees, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is firm. Run knife along outer edge of cheesecake. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Beat 1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until smooth. Spread evenly over top of cheesecake. Remove sides of springform pan. Garnish, if desired.
(Rhonda Y. Coker, Columbia, S.C.)