- Whole wheat pita bread or English muffin
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Grated Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese
- Toast whole wheat pita bread lightly. (Do not split pita open). Spread spaghetti sauce on bread. Sprinkle with onion, garlic powder and oregano.
- Place toppings of your choice on top of sauce. Cover with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until cheese melts. Vegetables do not have to be sautéed. By placing them under the cheese they soften up a bit.
You can set up a pizza bar and have everyone make their own. Set out toasted pita, bowls of tomato sauce, chopped vegetables, seasonings and grated cheese. Once everyone gets pizzas made, put in the oven at one time on a cookie sheet. There is usually no problem remembering whose pizza is whose. People usually bond with their little pizzas in the process of making them!