- ¼ c. mayonnaise
- ½ t. red pepper flakes
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ t. nutmeg
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2-10 oz. packages frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 2-15 oz. cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1-10 oz. tubes refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 2 c. tomato sauce, marinara or pizza sauce for dipping
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 ½ c. grated parmesan
- 2 c. part skim ricotta
- ½ lb. shaved ham
- Ritz crackers for dipping
Combine spinach, artichoke hearts, parmesan, garlic, nutmeg, black pepper to taste, red pepper flakes, sour cream, mayonnaise and salt. Spread ½ of the mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 dish (reserve second ½ for Spinach Artichoke Calzones). Top with grated parmesan and bake in a 350° oven until heated through and bubbly on top. That completes the appetizer; serve with Ritz crackers.
Spinach Artichoke Calzone:
To reserved spinach artichoke mixture add ricotta. Roll pizza dough out on a cookie sheet, and cut into four rectangles. Spread ½ c. mozzarella, thin layer of ham and ¼ c. filling on each square. Work on just ½ of the surface of each rectangle of dough, then fold dough over top of filling and pinch edges firmly to seal. Bake Calzones for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown all over. Serve Calzones w/warm pizza sauce for dipping.
Super Bowl Meal Stack
Appetizer: Seven Layer Dip
Main Meal: Nine Layer Bake
- 2 c. mayonnaise
- 2 cans bean dip
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 2 packes taco seasoning
- 2 bunches green onion, chopped (top included)
- 2 can 4.25 oz. chopped black olives
- 2 can 4.50 oz. chopped green chilies
- 2 bags 8 oz. fiesta cheese
- 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can enchilada sauce
Let’s Start Stackin’: Make two complete dips. Enjoy one and save the
other for Nine Layer Bake.
- In a 13x9 glass dish spread one can of bean dip.
- Combine 1 c. mayonnaise and 1 c. of sour cream with 1 packet of taco seasoning, spread that over the beans.
- Next, layer 1 bunch of chopped green onions, 1 can chopped black olives, 1 can chopped green chilies, 1- 8 oz. bag fiesta cheese and top with diced roma tomatoes. Best if made the day before. Refrigerate and serve w/tostados.
Nine Layer Bake:
- Brown ground beef, add ½ packet taco seasoning and 1 can of enchilada sauce.
- In a casserole dish crush two handfuls of tortilla chips, top with ½ of the ground meat. Repeat.
- Carefully layer large spoonfuls of seven layer dip over ground meat and chips and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.