- Salt & Pepper
- 1 t. Soy Sauce
- ¼ c Butter
- 1-2 package thick cut quality Bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can 16oz. chicken stock
- 8 med. Potatoes (about 2 lbs.) for baking
- ½ c heavy cream
- 1 16 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 T taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub 8 potatoes thoroughly and pierce with a fork. Bake until tender (about 45 minutes).
- While potatoes are baking, chop ¾ lb. bacon and cook until crispy (reserve ¼ lb. uncooked for Potato Bacon Soup). When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in quarters lengthwise and then half crosswise to form 8 sections.
- Scoop flesh from cut skins leaving ?” shell (reserve all flesh for Potato Bacon Soup), increase oven temperature to 500°. Mix together ¼ c. melted butter and 1 t. soy sauce, brush on both sides of the skins. Place on baking sheet and bake until crisp (about 5 minutes).
- Sprinkle with coarse salt, cheddar cheese and crispy bacon broil to melt cheese, watch closely.
- Serve with taco dip: Combine ¼ c. chopped green onion, 8 oz. sour cream and 2 T. of taco seasoning.
Tip: Reserve any extra bacon pieces, chopped green onion and cheddar cheese to top Potato Bacon Soup.
Main Meal: Potato Bacon Soup
- Sauté ¼ lb. bacon for 5 minutes. Add onion and cook an additional 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, reserved potatoes and ¼ t. pepper. Cook approximately 20 minutes. Add cream, and ¼ t. salt.
- Serve topped with crispy fried bacon pieces, cheddar cheese and green onion.