- 2 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 stick butter/margarine
- Balsamic Vinaigrette or other vinaigrette dressing
- Black pepper
- 1 jar Alfredo pasta sauce
- 3 c. uncooked tri-color Rotini pasta
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen broccoli, carrots & cauliflower combination
- 1 box seasoned croutons
- 4 oz. Swiss cheese (to be shredded)
- 1 bunch celery
- 2 green onions
- 1 loaf of bread (8 slices needed)
- 4 oz. sour cream
- 1 bag of favorite chips
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) Garbanzo beans (Chickpeas)
- 6 cans (6 oz. each) Albacore tuna, in water
- 1 med. onion
- Fresh parsley
- 1 med. Tomato
Let’s Start Stackin’:
- These meals use canned Albacore tuna, so there is no need to prepare any bulk meat or reserves.
Meal #1 - Tuna Twist Casserole
- ½ c. Alfredo pasta sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 c. uncooked tricolor Rotini pasta
- 2 c. (from a 1 lb. bag) frozen broccoli, cauliflower, & carrots,
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) Albacore tuna, in water, drained
- 1 c. seasoned croutons
- Preheat oven to 350?. In a medium saucepan, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Mix alfredo sauce, eggs, & minced garlic in an ungreased baking dish, 8”x8”x 2”. Stir in 4 c. cooked pasta, vegetables, & tuna. Press lightly in baking dish.
- Cover & bake 20 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with croutons.
Serves 4 - 6.
* May substitute frozen broccoli, thawed & drained, for frozen vegetable
Meal #2 - Toasted Swiss & Tuna
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) Albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1 c. (4 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 c. celery, chopped
- 2 T. chopped green onion
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- ½ c. sour cream
- 8 slices bread
- 2 T. butter or margarine, softened
- Combine tuna, cheese, celery & green onion. Stir in mayonnaise & sour cream. Spread tuna mixture on 4 of the bread slices; top with remaining bread.
- Lightly butter both sides of each sandwich. Cook in a heavy skillet about 2 minutes per side or until bread is toasted & cheese melts.
- Serve with favorite chips. Serves 4.
Meal #3 - Quick Tuna & Garbanzo Salad
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) Garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1½ cans (6 oz. each) Albacore tuna, in water, drained
- ½ c. finely chopped celery
- ¼ c. finely chopped onion
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley
- ? c. balsamic vinaigrette, or other vinaigrette dressing
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- Torn lettuce leaves, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, tuna, celery, onion, parsley,
vinaigrette, salt, & pepper; stir to combine.
- Add tomato; stir gently.
- If desired, serve over torn lettuce leaves as individual servings.