Ham or Turkey, which does your family enjoy on Easter? Whichever holiday
dish your family serves up, this Meal Stack will make sure nothing goes to
waste. A few simple steps while preparing your Easter Feast and you will
have dinner taken care of two additional days of the week.Meal Stack #2: Ham (or Turkey) Tetrazzini
- ½ c. butter
- ½ c. all purpose flour
- 1 c. heated milk
- 1 c. heated chicken broth
- ½ t. pepper
- 1/8 t. ground nutmeg
- ¼ c. dry sherry
- 2 c. water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¾ c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb. thin spaghetti
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into rings*
- 2 c. ham or turkey, cubed*
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/3 c. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 sleeve ritz crackers
*Opportunity to pull reserves:
*1 small green bell pepper, cut into rings can be done while preparing your
*2 cups left-over ham or turkey, cubed
Meal Stack #3: Ham (or Turkey) and Corn Chowder
- Heat ½ c. butter in a medium saucepan; blend in ½ c. flour. Gradually
add milk and broth to flour mixture. Continue cooking, stirring constantly,
until sauce is thickened and smooth. Blend in pepper, nutmeg and sherry.
Stir in cream and remove mixture from heat.
- Cook and drain spaghetti, as directed on package.
- Melt 2 T. butter in a medium skillet; sauté mushrooms for about 2
minutes; add green pepper rings and continue cooking and stirring for about
3 minutes longer. Mix ham (or Turkey) with sauce, spaghetti, mushroom
mixture. Transfer mixture to a baking dish; arrange tomato slices over top.
Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and sprinkle with crushed ritz
crackers, add a few pats of butter and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ c. bacon, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped*
- ½ c. celery*
- ½ c. onion*
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 c. ham or turkey*
- 1 c. cheddar cheese
- green onion (optional garnish)
- 2 ½ c. cream style corn
* 2 cups left-over mashed potatoes replaces 4 potatoes peeled and cubed
*chop extra celery while preparing Easter Dinner
*chop extra onion while preparing Easter Dinner
*1-2 c. reserve left-over ham or turkey, cubed
- Sauté bacon until browned and crisp; add chopped potatoes and onion.
Add water, corn, ham or turkey and seasonings; cover and simmer for 15 to 20
minutes.* Stir in heavy whipping cream; heat through but do not boil.
- If you are using left-over mashed potatoes, skip the 15-20 minutes or
simmering. Just heat mashed potatoes through and continue with directions.