- Newspapers or protective cover for work area
- Coffee filters
- Bumpy chenille stem (or regular chenille stem)
- Cover work area with newspapers or other protective covering.
- Let children draw or color on 4-6 coffee filters with the markers. Random
markings are just fine as detailed drawings won't show up in this project.
- Lightly spray coffee filters with water so that the markers begin to
bleed. Let them completely dry.
- Place one coffee filter decorative side down on the table. Stack other
coffee filters decorative side up on top.
- Fold coffee filters in half. Scrunch middle of the coffee filters
(starting at the bottom coffee filter).
- Wrap chenille stem tightly around scrunched area to hold in place.
Straighten chenille stem to use as flower stem.
- Let the children make a couple and put them in a vase or basket.