- 24 fresh asparagus spears
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 4 oz pkg crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 12 slices bread
- 12 slices thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/4 cup butter
- paprika or cayenne pepper to garnish
- Arrange asparagus in steamer basket and steam over boiling water for 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from steamer and cool on paper towels.
- In small mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, mayo, blue cheese crumbles and chopped fresh chives.
- Cut off bread crusts and roll each slice with a rolling pen to flatten.
Spread one side of each slice with 2 Tbsp of cheese mixture then top each with 1 ham slice.
- Place 2 asparagus spears, tips pointed toward opposite ends, roll up and place, seam side down, on greased baking sheet. Brush top with butter and sprinkle with paprika or cayenne pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.
*Freeze unbaked rolls up to 1 month in airtight container. Thaw in refrigerator and bake as directed.