- 4 Rainbow Trout (boned and butterflied)
- 4 slices bacon (cut in small pieces)
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 c chopped green pepper
- 1/4 c chopped Macadamia nuts
- 1/8 c bread crumbs
In heavy skillet, fry bacon over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and chopped garlic. Sauté briefly until softened. Remove mixture from heat, stir in bread crumbs and Macadamia nuts. Stuff each trout with portion of filling, and then place in foil and seal. Place on smoker or grill until fish flakes easily.