- 16 frozen chicken tender strips
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 bottle Smoky Pecan Peppercorn Marinade
- 1 box penne pasta
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c. Asiago Cheese (grated)
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1.5 oz (1 jigger) Premium KY Bourbon
- 1 bottle Smoky Pecan Peppercorn Barbeque Sauce
- 1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1/4 tsp. basil
- 1/2-14 1/2 oz. can plain petite diced tomatoes, drained
Cook penne pasta according to directions on the package, tossing with a
splash of olive oil. Place 1 tbsp. olive oil in medium sauce pan, adding
1/2 can drained plain petite diced tomatoes, cooking at medium heat for 5
min. Add remaining sauce ingredients (except bourbon), stirring often,
until all cheese is melted. Add bourbon just before serving.
Sauté frozen chicken in skillet, using the olive oil and marinade, cooking
at medium heat, covered for 15 to 20 minutes, turning to thoroughly cook
both sides. Uncover or partially cover during the last 5 min. of cooking
To serve, place pasta on plates, topping with four sautéed chicken strips.
Ladle pasta sauce over the top and serve. For a great additional treat,
sprinkle with small pecan pieces and top off with fresh ground pepper.