- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. sugar, plus 3 tbsp
- 3 pints strawberries, steamed and sliced
- 3 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and oil, along with the
amount of water called for by the package directions. Beat until well
combined. Divide the batter between the pans. Place in oven and bake until
toothpick comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar over the strawberries. Let stand at room
temperature until berries release there juices, about 30 minutes. About 15
minutes before serving, combine the cream and remaining sugar in a medium
bowl and whip by hand or mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Place one of the cake layers on a serving platter. Pile on half the
strawberries and half the whip cream. Top with remaining layer, the rest of
the whipped cream, and remaining strawberries.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 servings 529 calories