- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 c margarine, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 c sifted cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 c firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 c thinly sliced strawberries
- 1 1/4 c sliced ripe bananas
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9" round cake pan with cooking spray and line bottoms with wax paper.
Coat wax paper with cooking spray; set aside.
- Beat egg at medium speed with a mixer until foamy; gradually add sugar,
beating well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With
mixer running at low speed, add flour mixture to egg mixture alternately
with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes. Let
cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Let cool completely
on wire rack.
- Combine yogurt and brown sugar; stir well. Using a serrated knife, split
cake in half horizontally. Place bottom layer, cut side up, on serving
plate. Spread with half of yogurt mixture, top with strawberries. Combine
bananas and lemon juice; toss gently. Drain bananas and discard juice.
Arrange bananas over strawberries; drizzle with remaining yogurt mixture.
Top with remaining layer. Sift powdered sugar over cake.
Yield: 8 servings 282 calories