- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh pared gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 skinless, boneless chick breasts, 6 oz. each
- 2 cups watermelon chunks, seeded and pureed
- Juice of 3 fresh lemons
- 1 tablespoon shredded lemon zest
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- To prepare marinade, in large bowl, combine pineapple juice, soy sauce,
gingerroot, and garlic.
- Add chicken; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight or at least
- To prepare glaze, in medium saucepan combine watermelon, lemon juice,
zest, syrup, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Let simmer until
thickened, about 20 minutes; keep warm.
- Drain chicken; transfer marinade to small saucepan. Bring marinade to a
boil; remove from heat.
- Preheat barbecue grill following manufacturer's directions. Grill chicken
over hot coals, turning and basting occasionally with heated marinade, until
cooked through and juices run clear. Serve topped with warm glaze.
POINTS value per serving: 4 (one chicken breast with marinade and glaze):
182 Calories, 2g Fat, 0g Fiber.