- 1 (16oz) French bread loaf, cubed or in slices (stale or aired for a few
hours is best)
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups half-n-half
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 (10oz) jar strawberry preserves
- Arrange half of bread in a lightly greased 13 X 9 inch pan. Sprinkle with
cheese pieces, and top with remaining bread.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients; pour over bread mixture,
pressing bread cubes/slices to absorb egg mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 minutes
- Heat sliced strawberries and strawberry preserves in a saucepan over low
heat and serve over casserole.