- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 10 small red potatoes, about 2 inches in diameter
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 4-ounce package cream cheese
- 2 T chopped green onion
- 2 T chopped chives
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- chopped chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut out 10-12 rounds of puff pastry with a 2-3
inch cookie cutter and bake on ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes. Cool,
then cut the rounds in halves or thirds to make smaller, flatter puffs. Set
aside until ready to use.
- Slice off each end of each potato. Discard. Cut potato into 3/8 inch
slices (about 3 slices per potato). In medium bowl, combine potato slices
and oil. Toss to coat. Arrange on an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle
with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender.
- In small bowl, combine Gorgonzola cheese and walnuts. Mix well. Set aside.
In another small bowl, mix together cream cheese, chopped chives and chopped
- To assemble, take one puff pastry round, spread with thin layer of cream
cheese mixture. Top with a potato slice, then spread with another thin
layer of cream cheese. Top with about 1 tablespoon Gorgonzola cheese and
walnut mixture. Garnish with fresh chopped chives or parsley.
May be served warm or at room temperature. Yield: 30