1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
16 oz firm white fish, diced
16 oz chicken breast, diced
2-3 cans chicken broth
3/4 - 1 tsp saffron
2 T olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
2 green peppers, cored, seeded, and chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 1/2 cups uncooked Arborio Rice
2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
2 tsp. Spanish Paprika or Smoked Paprika
1 cup frozen peas
Roasted red peppers for garnish
HINT: Have all ingredients chopped and measured before starting the cooking process.
1. Saute garlic in paella pan with oil
2. Add peppers and onions. Let it cook for a few minutes until onions transparent.
3. Add tomatoes and cook for few minutes.
4. Add chicken and cook until outside is browned.
5. Stir in Rice, (this helps keep rice grains to stay separated.) Add saffron, salt, and paprika, mix together.
6. Add chicken stock, keep stirring.
7. Add white fish, stir and simmer of 20 minutes.
8. Add Shrimp, cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Decorate with peas and Roasted red pepper.
10. Cover with lid or aluminum foil and poach seafood, peas, and roasted peppers for few minutes.
11. Decorate Paella with Lemon.
12. Let paella sit covered for 5-10 minutes. This allows the paella to do final cooking.
13. Serve with green salad and crusty bread.