- salt & pepper
- salad dressings of choice
- 2 t. oregano
- 1 t. sugar
- 1 T. chili powder
- ½ c. water
- 5 lbs. ground beef (80/20)
- 1 ½ c. onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 oz.) cans bush's® best chili beans
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1-2 large bags of corn chips
- beef bouillon granules (2 cube or 2 T.)
- American cheese slices
- Hamburger buns
- Green onions
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 purple onion
- dill pickle (hamburger dill)
- 5 lb. bag russet potatoes
- 1 ½ c. bread crumbs
- ¾ c. ketchup
- 1 package gravy
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 4 slices thick lean bacon
- 1 bag of salad
- salad fixings of choice
Let’s Start Stackin:
- Divide ground meat into three equal portions (first portions for Meal
Stack #1, second portion for Meal Stack #2 etc…) Meal Stack #1: In large pan, cook beef, 1 c. onion and 1 c. green pepper until meat is browned. Drain excess grease. Stir in 2 (15 ounce) cans bush's® best chili beans, 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste, 1/2 cup water, 1/4 t. black pepper, 1 t. salt, 1 T. chili powder, 2 t. oregano, 1 t. sugar. Cover, reduce heat and bring to a boil for 20 minutes. Serve over corn chips and garnish with diced tomatoes, sour cream, green onion, black olives. Reserve and freeze any remaining chili to turn Meal Stack #3 into Chili Cheeseburgers.
- Meal Stack #2: *If you are planning on eating Meal Stack #2 within 3
days, store in the refrigerator until time to bake (350° for 1 hour, drain off extra fat). If Meal Stack #2 is going to be the next All American Monday Meal Stack, prepare loaf and freeze until time to prepare (from frozen state, bake at 350° for 1 hour 45 minutes). In a large bowl mix together ground meat, 2 eggs, 1 ½ c. bread crumbs, ¾ c. ketchup, 1 package onion soup mix and ½ c. water. Put meat mixture into a loaf pan or form into loaf shape on baking pan. Store properly until time to bake. Serve with homemade Mashed Potatoes and Gravy with a Dinner Salad.
- Meal Stack #3: Combine ground beef, 2 beef bouillon cubes or 2 T.
bouillon granules, ½ c. chopped onion, 1 t. salt, pepper to taste. Shape meat into equal sized patties. If you are planning on eating Meal Stack #3 within 3 days, store in the refrigerator until time to grill. If Meal Stack
#3 is going to be the next All American Monday Meal Stack, freeze until time to prepare. Each patty should be grilled about 5 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Top with slice of American cheese the last few minutes of grilling so cheese melts. Toast buns on the grill and garnish with sliced tomato, lettuce, dill pickles slices, purple onion and off course left over chili from Meal Stack #1. Serve with real French Fries or Fresh Fruit.
Real French Fries:
- 8 large russet potatoes
- peanut oil
- Scrub potatoes, peel and cut into ¼ inch thick strips.
- Keep in cold water until ready to use.
- In a deep fryer or heavy deep pot heat oil to 225 degrees.
- Pat fries dry with paper towels and cook, a few at at time, in oil about
3 minutes. This is not to brown, but to blanch.
- Dry fries on paper towels.
- Turn up the heat to 325 degrees and brown fries to desired color. Do not
- Drain fries on fresh paper towels. Keep hot in warm oven sprinkle with
salt before serving.