Meal Stack #1: Muffaletta Sandwich LoafTop of Form 1
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup chopped green pimento stuffed olives
- 1 cup pitted and chopped black ripe olives
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 lb. salami
- 1/2 lb. provolone cheese
- 1/2 lb. milk cheese (such as mozzarella)
- 1/3 lb. mortadella cheese
- 1/3 lb. Prosciutto
- Take one loaf fresh Italian bread (one big round for a traditional
Muffaletta or individual sub loaves will do fine for smaller sandwiches).
- Cut the loaf (or loaves) in half, and scoop out a little of the inside
to make some room.
- Make the olive salad by combining the olives and roasted pepper, garlic
- Drizzle some of the olive oil and juice from the olive salad on each side
of the open loaf (use plenty).
- On the bottom, place some salami, olive salad, provolone, mild cheese,
- Top with the other half loaf.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and set a heavy skillet on top of loaf or
- Chill for one hour.
Meal Stack #2: Sweet Summer Strawberry Sandwich
- 1- 8 oz. package softened cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts
- 1 c. fresh strawberries, drained well and chopped into small pieces
- sweet whole wheat bread
- 2 tsp. sugar
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Combine the cream cheese, lemon rind; blend in the strawberries and
- Spread mixture on bread, lightly sprinkle with sugar and black pepper
(can also top with fresh crisp lettuce).
Meal Stack #3: Peanut Butter Pineapple Deluxe
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 of a 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- In a small bowl stir together the peanut butter and softened cream
cheese. Stir in the crushed pineapple and shredded carrot. Spread mixture on
4 slices of the sandwich bread. Top with remaining slices. Pack each
sandwich in a freezer bag. Store up to 1 month in the freezer. Makes 4
Perfect Side for Any PicNic Sandwich: Ultimate Tomato Salad
- 1 lb. Spiral pasta
- feta cheese, crumbled (desired amount)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- pine nuts (desired amount)
- 1 purple onion, cut into chunks
- black olives, pitted and sliced
- green olives w/pimento, sliced
- salami (desired amount)
- mozzarella cheese, chunks
- Prepare the spiral pasta as directed. Allow to cool completely.
Combine remaining ingredients. Chill thoroughly and ENJOY!!!