- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 8 to 10 cups water
- 2 15 oz cans of Red Kidney Beans
- Steamed Rice
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat
2. Sauté onions, bell peppers, celery, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper and thyme for about 5 minutes
3. Add beans, garlic, and enough water to cover contents.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce to medium heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. Stir and add more water if the mixture becomes to dry and think.
6. Mixture should be soupy but not watery.
7. Remove bay leaves and serve over steamed rice.