6 cups canned or fresh coconut milk
1 cup cornstarch
1 cup sugar
1 cup crushed pineapple
1. Drain pineapple, squeeze out excess liquid and set aside.
2. Combine coconut milk, cornstarch, sugar and salt.
3. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
4. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until it reaches the boiling point, and then reduce to low.
5. When it begins to thicken, add the pineapple and mix well.
6. Pour into individual dessert bowls or sorbet glasses and serve either warm or cold, topped with whipped cream.
7. To serve cold, chill for at least one hour.