- 2 1/4 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter, melted
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 tub, 12 oz. whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 serving size) orange Jello
- 1/2 cup cold water
- ice cubes
- Rectangular or oval shaped sandwich cookies
- Decorator icings
- Candy corn and pumpkins
Mix 2 cups of the cookie crumbs, 1/4 cup of the sugar and the melted margarine with fork in a 13x9 inch baking pan until crumbs are well moistened. Press firmly into bottom of pan to form crust. Refrigerate.
Beat cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in 1/2 of the whipped topping. Spread evenly over crust.
Stir boiling water into gelatin in medium bowl 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Mix cold water and ice cubes to make 1 1/2 cups. Add to gelatin; stir until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
Remove any remaining ice. Spoon gelatin over cream cheese layer.
Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Spread remaining whipped topping over gelatin just before serving; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cookie crumbs.
Decorate sandwich cookies with icing to make "tombstones". Stand tombstones on top of dessert with candies to resemble a graveyard. Cut into squares to serve.