- 1 (11-12 oz) pkg premium semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2-3 T Chocolate Liqueur (can substitute with Rum or vanilla extract)
- Fresh fruit of choice suitable for grilling: apples, pears, pineapple, etc.
- 2 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- tooth picks for dipping fruit
Combine chocolate, cream and liqueur in double broiler pan. Heat over medium low flame (side burner of grill) until chocolate is melted and mixture is hot. Stir gently until smooth.
Brush cool grill grates with oil. Preheat grill to medium heat. Slice fruit in half, remove seeds and brush with lemon to prevent fruit from turning brown. Place face down over medium heat grill for approx. 3-5 minutes per side. Remove grilled fruit; peel and slice into smaller pieces for dipping. Serve chocolate in fondue pot or chafing dish, keeping warm over low heat. Using toothpicks dip fruit in warm chocolate fondue. Enjoy!