- Dry mustard
- White pepper
- Red pepper
- Elbow macaroni
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 lb. cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Frozen broccoli
- 1 lb. cooked ground beef
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- Shredded mozzarella
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sleeve Ritz® crackers, crushed
How to Start Stackin’:
Prepare Baked Macaroni
1) In a saucepan, melt 6 T. butter. Remove from heat.
2) Blend in 6 T. flour, 2 t. salt and 2 t. mustard, 3 t. sugar, dash white pepper, dash red pepper. Add 4 c. milk; heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens a little and is smooth.
3) Add 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese; heat until melted, stirring constantly.
4) Meanwhile, cook 1 lb. elbow macaroni as directed on package, drain. Combine with sauce and divide among three ‘freezer to oven’ 2 quart casserole dishes.
5) Proceed as directed for each individual meal stack and store accordingly. Three to 4 days refrigerator or 3-4 months freezer.
6) To reheat from frozen- Preheat oven to 325° and bake covered for 50 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and dish is heated through.
Meal Stack #1: Bacon Tomato Macaroni Melt
1) To prepared Baked Macaroni add 1 c. crumbled bacon and 1 can diced tomatoes.
2) Top with ½ c. shredded cheese and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
Meal Stack #2: Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Macaroni
1) To prepared Baked Macaroni add 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen broccoli florets, thawed, 1 lb. cooked boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
2) Top with 1 sleeve Ritz® crackers (crushed), 6-10 pats of butter and paprika.
3) Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
Meal Stack #3: Cheddar Cheesy Lasagna Macaroni Bake
1) Brown 1 lb. ground beef in a large skillet; drain. Stir in 1 jar (14 oz.) spaghetti sauce.
2) Layer half each of the meat mixture and prepared Baked Macaroni in 2 quart casserole dish. Repeat layers.
3) Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
4) Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
Magical Molten ‘Make Ahead’ Chocolate Cake
- 4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ½ c. butter
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 T. flour
- ½ c. whipped topping, thawed
1) Preheat oven to 425°. dishes. Butter 4 (¾ c.) custard cups or soufflé Place on baking sheet.
2) Microwave chocolate and ½ c. butter in large microwavable bowl on high 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
3) Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour. Divide batter between prepared custard cups.
4) Bake 13 to 14 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 minute. Carefully run small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert dishes, dust with powered sugar. Top with 1 T. of whipped topping and serve immediately.
To Make Ahead:
Cool baked cakes on a rack, wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze. To reheat, remove wrappings and place bottom side up on a plate. Microwave each for 30-45 seconds or heat uncovered on a baking sheet in a preheated oven 450° for 4 minutes. Do not overheat.