How to Start Stackin’:
Prepare Baked Macaroni
1) In a saucepan, melt 6 T. butter. Remove from heat.
2) Blend in 6 T. flour, 2 t. salt and 2 t. mustard, 3 t. sugar, dash white pepper, dash red pepper. Add 4 c. milk; heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens a little and is smooth.
3) Add 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese; heat until melted, stirring constantly.
4) Meanwhile, cook 1 lb. elbow macaroni as directed on package, drain. Combine with sauce and divide among three ‘freezer to oven’ 2 quart casserole dishes.
5) Proceed as directed for each individual meal stack and store accordingly. Three to 4 days refrigerator or 3-4 months freezer.
6) To reheat from frozen- Preheat oven to 325° and bake covered for 50 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and dish is heated through.
Meal Stack #1: Bacon Tomato Macaroni Melt
1) To prepared Baked Macaroni add 1 c. crumbled bacon and 1 can diced tomatoes.
2) Top with ½ c. shredded cheese and bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
Meal Stack #2: Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Macaroni
1) To prepared Baked Macaroni add 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen broccoli florets, thawed, 1 lb. cooked boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
2) Top with 1 sleeve Ritz® crackers (crushed), 6-10 pats of butter and paprika.
3) Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
Meal Stack #3: Cheddar Cheesy Lasagna Macaroni Bake
1) Brown 1 lb. ground beef in a large skillet; drain. Stir in 1 jar (14 oz.) spaghetti sauce.
2) Layer half each of the meat mixture and prepared Baked Macaroni in 2 quart casserole dish. Repeat layers.
3) Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
4) Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.