- 1 package (about 18 oz.) spice cake mix
- 1 can (16 oz) solid-pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla, butter and nut flavoring
- 4 cups plus 2 T apple cider, divided
- 16 whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks or 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsps. cornstarch
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 12 (1/2 cup) mini Bundt pans.
For cakes, combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix well. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake 30 minutes or until tooth pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
For glaze, combine 4 cups apple cider, cloves and cinnamon sticks in nonstick skillet; bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 7 minutes or until liquid has reduced to 1 cup. Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 T apple cider and cornstarch in small bowl; stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
When cider mixture is reduced, add cornstarch mixture; cool and stir until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, cool completely.
Remove cloves and cinnamon sticks from glaze; discard. Spoon about 1 T apple cider glaze over each cake. Drizzle 1 T caramel topping around outer edge of each cake, if desired.