- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can (12 oz) whole kernel, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 carton (16 oz) low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Brown meat and drain. Add corn, tomato sauce, picante sauce, chili powder and cumin. Simmer 5 minutes.
In separate bowl, combine beaten eggs, cottage cheese, oregano and garlic salt; mix well. Arrange 6 tortillas on bottom of greased 9x13 glass baking dish. Top with 1/2 of meat mixture, then layer with all of cottage cheese mixture and arrange the remaining 6 tortillas on top. Top then with remaining meat mixture and bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Allow cheese to melt before serving. Enjoy!