- Sweet pickle relish
- Celery seed
- Poultry seasoning
- Ground mustard
- 6 cups cooked, cubed turkey
- 3 Onions
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Steak Sauce
- Zesty Italian dressing
- Whole cranberry sauce
- Stuffing mix for turkeys
- Spaghetti noodles
- Mushrooms, fresh
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Minced fresh parsley
How to Start Stackin’:
- Cut and cube turkey equaling 8 cups.
- Follow individual instructions to prepare each meal stack.
Meal Stack #1: Turkey with all the Trimmings
- Combine 2 cups turkey, 1 medium onion (chopped), 2 c. frozen mixed vegetables, ¼ c. zesty Italian dressing, and 1 t. steak sauce in small slow cooker.
- Top with cranberry sauce; sprinkle with 1 pkg. (6 oz.) dry stuffing. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours (or on high 1-2 hours).
Meal Stack #2: Turkey Egg Salad
- Combine 1 ½ c. mayonnaise, 6 hard boiled eggs (chopped), ½ c. sweet pickle relish, ½ c. celery, ½ c. onion (chopped), 1 t. celery seed in a large bowl.
- Gently stir in 2 cups turkey.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Meal Stack #3: Turkey Tetrazzini
- Cook 1 pkg. (7 oz.) spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and place in a greased 11”x7”x2” baking dish. Top with 2 cups cooked turkey; set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté 1 c. fresh mushrooms and 1 small onion (chopped) in butter until tender. Whisk in 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup, 1 c. milk, ½ t. poultry seasoning, ⅛ t. ground mustard until blended.
- Stir in 1 c. cheddar cheese (shredded); cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Pour over turkey.
- Sprinkle with 1 c. mozzarella cheese (shredded) and 1 T. parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
Country ‘Make Ahead’ Apple Cobbler
- 1 ⅓ c. sugar, divided
- ¼ c. water
- 2 T. quick cooking tapioca
- ¼ t. ground cinnamon
- 6 c. thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 mediums)
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- ¼ t. salt
- ⅓ c. butter, melted
- ¼ c. milk
- 1 ½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ c. walnuts, chopped
- Whipped topping
- In a large saucepan, combine 1 c. sugar, water, tapioca and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in the apples until coated. Pour into a greased 8 inch baking dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Stir in butter and milk just until moistened. Fold in cheese and walnuts.
- Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Serve with whipped topping.
To Make Ahead:
Cool baked Country Apple Cobbler, wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze. To reheat, remove wrappings and place on a cookie sheet; bake in a preheated 325° oven for 45-50 minutes or until filling is bubbly.