- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 T. packed brown sugar
- 1 T. orange juice
- 1 T. molasses or maple flavored
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ t. pepper
- 2 T. butter or margarine
- ⅛ t. dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 ½ t. fresh oregano, chopped or ½ t. dried
- ¼ t. ground cumin
- 3 lb. Pork Tenderloin
- 6 medium onions
- 3 (10 oz.) cans condensed beef broth
- 4 slices French bread, ¾ inch to 1 inch toasted
- 1 c. shredded Swiss or mozzarella cheese
- ¼ c. grated parmesan
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 c. green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 8 corn tortillas (5 or 6 inches in diameter)
- Garnishes: shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped onion, avocado, salsa
How to Start Stackin:
1. Divide pork tenderloin roast in half.
2. Slice first half into ½ inch filets. Prepare pork slices as directed in Meal Stack #1.
3. Place second half in crock pot and cover with 1 c. beef broth, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 ½ t. chopped fresh or ½ t. dried oregano leaves, ¼ t. ground cumin, 1 garlic clove-finely chopped, 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce.
4. Cover and cook 8-10 hours for Meal Stack #3. When complete cool and store in freezer until final cooking preparation.
5. Slice onions into rings. Melt 2-4 T. spoons of butter stir in onions. Cook uncovered 20-40 minutes until onions are golden brown.
6. Top pork slices for Meal Stack #1 with ⅓ of the onions and reserve remaining onions for Meal Stack #2.
Meal Stack #1: Caramelized Pork Slices
1 pound pork tenderloin
2 onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon molasses or maple flavored syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Cut pork into 1/2-inch slices. Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
2. Cook pork and garlic in skillet 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until pork is slightly pink in center. Drain if necessary.
3. Slice onions into rings. Melt 2 T. spoons of butter stir in onions. Cook uncovered 10-20 minutes until onions are golden brown.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook about 2 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
mixture thickens and coats pork.
5. Top pork slices with caramelized onions and serve.
Meal Stack #2: French Onion Soup
2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine
4 medium onions, sliced
2 (10-ounce) cans (each) condensed beef broth
1 1/2 cups water
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 bay leaf
4 slices French bread, 3/4 to 1 inch thick, toasted
1 cup shredded Swiss or mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Re-heat prepared caramelized onions from How to Start Stacking instructions in a Dutch oven (or caramelized now).
2. Stir in broth, water, pepper, thyme and bay leaf. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
4. Set oven control to broil. Place bread in 4 ovenproof bowls or individual casseroles. Add onion soup. Top with Swiss cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place bowls on cookie sheet or in pan with shallow sides.
5. Broil with cheese about 5 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or just until cheese is melted and golden brown. Watch carefully so cheese does not burn. Serve with additional French bread if desired.
Meal Stack #3: Sour Cream Pork Enchiladas
1 ½ lb. pork tenderloin
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
½ cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
¼ teaspoon pepper
⅓ cup chopped green bell peppers
⅔ cup water
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
8 corn tortillas (5 or 6 inches in diameter)
Shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped onions, if desired
1. Place tenderloin in crock pot and cover with 1 c. beef broth, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 ½ t. chopped fresh or ½ t. dried oregano leaves, ¼ t. ground cumin, 1 garlic clove-finely chopped, 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce.
Cover and cook 8-10 hours
2. When cooking is complete, stir in onion, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, the parsley and pepper. Cover and turn off heat.
3. Remove pork from crock pot and shred with fork.
4. Sauté bell pepper in 1 T. butter and add sauce from crock pot; pour into un-greased pie plate, 9 X 1 1/4 inches (if necessary add ½ t. corn starch mixed with 2 T. cold water to thicken).
5. Dip each tortilla into sauce in pie plate to coat both sides. Spoon about ¼ cup pork, mixture onto each tortilla; roll tortilla around filling. Place seam side down in un-greased rectangular baking dish, 11 X 7 X 1 1/2 inches. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
6. Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped onions.