- 2 quarts chicken stock (homemade or canned)
- 2 heaping T cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken meat, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 to 1/2 curry powder
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
Bring stock to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced by one-third. Dilute cornstarch in 1/4 cup water, stir well and add to stock. Increase heat and stir until broth thickens. Reduce to a simmer. Add spinach, bell pepper and chicken meat. Add curry powder to taste. Taste, and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Add heavy cream and heat through but do not boil.
Makes 6 servings.