Sweet Chipotle Onion and Orange Supremes Salad
Sweet Chipotle Onion and Orange Supremes on Boston Lettuce with a Dijon Orange Vinaigrette and Slivered Almonds layered on a Portabella Mushroom base.
- 2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 orange in supremes
Emulsify in a blender and chill
- 1 head Boston Lettuce
- 1 large Portabella Mushroom
- 1 Chipotle Onion
- Almond slivers
- 1 Orange cut in supremes
- Place large portabella mushroom gills side up on plate.
- Pour some of the dressing directly onto the mushroom enough to cover entire cap.
- Layer 3-5 leaves of Boston Lettuce onto cap.
- Lay thinly sliced rounds of onion on lettuce.
- Top with orange supremes and almond slivers.
- Drizzle more dressing over top of salad.
- Serve chilled.