- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ onion, chopped
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 ½ cups uncooked instant brown rice
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook and stir until tender.
- Add beans, tomatoes, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil, and stir in rice.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring well once every minute.
- Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes before serving.