- 4 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts or 1 ½ lbs. Chicken tenders
- 1-cup flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1-cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1lb. 10oz. bottle of spaghetti sauce
- 1 small onion – diced
- 1 small can mushrooms, pieces and stems
- 2 tsps. minced garlic
- 2 Tbls. Oil
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- ½ lb fettuccini
- 2 –3 tsps. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. parsley
- 2 Tbls. Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large fry pan.
- Set out three small bowls. In the first bowl place the flour. In the second bowl combine the eggs and milk and beat slightly. Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in the third bowl.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, then dip it in the egg mixture, coating the chicken completely. Roll the chicken in the breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Place the breaded chicken in the fry pan with the butter and cook slowly until lightly browned on both sides. Place in a 7”x11” or 9”x13” baking pan.
- Sauté onion and mushrooms in olive oil. Add minced garlic as the onion becomes tender. Combine this mixture with the bottle of spaghetti sauce and pour over the chicken.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Top each chicken breast with a slice of cheese and bake an additional 2 minutes.
- Prepare fettuccini as directed.
- Sauté garlic in a Tbls. of olive oil. Pour this and the remaining olive oil and parsley over the fettuccini.