- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 ½ rolls of round buttery crackers
- Cheese Sauce (recipe, ingredients below)
Directions for the Cheese Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. margarine
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 C. milk
- 1 1/2 C. Velveeta grated cheese
- Melt margarine in saucepan. Add flour.
- Gradually add milk; stirred until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add cheese; stir until melted.
- Cut up one head of cabbage and boil in salted water until tender; drain.
- Melt one stick margarine and add one and a half rolls round buttery crackers(crushed). Add all but one cup to bottom of two quart casserole dish.
- Add cabbage and top with cheese sauce and one cup cracker crumbs on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.