- 8 Ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter, softened
- 1 TBSP corn syrup
- Flavoring of choice
- Using a serrated knife, finely chop the chocolate into small uniform pieces. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Add the butter to the bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring the cream, corn syrup and flavoring to a boil. Immediately pour the cream mixture (strain if necessary to remove flavoring additives) over the chopped chocolate. Using a rubber spatula or a whisk stir the chocolate and cream mixture from the center out until the whole mixture is emulsified. Place ganache in refrigerator until cooled.
- Once the ganache is firm, form into 1-inch balls. This step is quite messy. Once the truffles are rolled, place in the refrigerator until firm.
Truffles can be coated and finished in a variety of ways, using nuts, cocoa powder, tempered chocolate, chocolate sprinkles, etc.