To begin stacking this meal: Start this meal-stack with a 2-3 pound pre-cooked ham. Dice 1 ½ cups for meals #2 and #3, (store ¾ cup in two separate freezer bags) and cut ¾ cups (plus or minus) for meal #1 into strips. These dishes are perfect for holiday left-overs.
Tips: Pre-cooked ham can be stored in the freezer for 1-2 months. Uncooked ham can be stored for 3-4 months. Consider making an additional quiche and freezing the second for a special holiday breakfast.Meal #1: Tortellini with Mushrooms and Ham Served with Broiled Roma Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ cup cooked ham cut in strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ tsp. crushed basil leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 soup can milk
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley
- basil leaves
- 500ml or 2 cups cooked cheese-filled tortellini
- grated parmesan cheese
- red pepper (optional for garnish)
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- ¼ cup onion
Meal #2: Ham-Basil Quiche with Pears and Spinach Salad
- Prepare tortellini according to package instructions, set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat in hot oil combine ham, onion, garlic and ½ crushed basil cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in soup and peas; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover; Cook 5 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Stir in milk, parsley and pepper; heat though.
- In large bowl, pour soup mixture over tortellini, toss lightly to coat. Serve with parmesan cheese.
Side dish: Broiled Roma Tomatoes and Parmesan
- Cut tomatoes length wise and drizzle with melted butter.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and crushed basil leaves.
- Top with a generous amount of parmesan cheese and broil carefully 3-4 minutes.
- 1 tsp. crushed basil leaves or, 1 tbsp. fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 9-inch pie shell, pre-baked
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 eggs for quiche
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs for salad
- dash black pepper
- 1 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- honey mustard dressing
- sliced tomato for garnish
- 1 large can pears
- 1 bag spinach
- Cooked, crumbled bacon
Meal #3: Ham and Rice Bake with Buttered Broccoli
- Pre-bake pie shell for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Mix ham, cheese and basil leaves.
- Spread mustard on bottom of pre-baked pie shell. Sprinkle with
- Beat eggs, cream and black pepper. pour mixture over ham and cheese in pastry shell.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake, un-covered, at 350 degrees on middle level of oven for 30 to 35 minutes until filling is set and lightly brown.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and sliced tomatoes (optional).
- Cook and crumble bacon (3-4 pieces) and hard boil 2 eggs and dice. Add bacon, eggs, croutons to spinach salad serve with honey mustard dressing.
- Chill pears in refrigerator and serve with salad and quiche.
Tips: Use kitchen scissors to cut bacon into small pieces before cooking, the bacon cooks faster with less mess. Hard boil 2-3 additional eggs and cook 3-4 additional pieces of bacon: chop and blend in ½ cup mayonnaise, ½ tsp. dry mustard, ½ cup dill relish salt and pepper to taste add crumbled bacon. This makes the perfect egg salad sandwich.
- ¼ tsp. ground sage
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- ¾ cup water
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup onion
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup quick-cooking rice
- ¾ cup cooked diced ham
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- In medium saucepan combine carrot, water, onion and sweet pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until crisp and tender. Do not drain.
- Stir in soup, uncooked rice, ham, sage, and black pepper. Spoon into a 1 quart casserole. If desired, sprinkle with paprika. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until rice is tender and mixture is heated through.
- prepare broccoli according to package instructions. Top with parmesan cheese and a dash a melted butter.