2 cups macaroni
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup evaporated milk, nonfat
1 medium beaten egg
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/4 (4 ounces) cups cheese, finely shredded sharp cheddar, lowfat cooking oil spray
1. Cook macaroni according to directions. (Do not add salt to the cooking water.) Drain and set aside.
2. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking oil spray.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Lightly spray saucepan with nonstick cooking oil spray.
5. Add onions to saucepan and sauté for about 3 minutes.
6. In another bowl, combine macaroni, onions, and the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
7. Transfer mixture into casserole dish.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.