The best recipe to start your morning right!
2 oz. water
8 oz. ground sausage
2 oz. butter
1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 Tbsp. white pepper
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1 Tbsp. kosher salt
1. In a medium saucepan, saute sausage for two minutes on medium-high heat while stirring constantly.
2. Add water and continue to stir until sausage starts to brown.
3. Add butter and cook for two more minutes.
4. Add flour, then turn the heat down to medium-low while continuing to stir. Cook mixture for three to four minutes.
5. Add milk and whisk for one minute to fully blend together.
6. Turn heat down to low and add seasoning. Cook for eight to 10 more minutes while stirring to prevent lumps. Check seasoning and adjust.
7. Serve with hot buttermilk biscuits.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings.