- 2 teaspooons sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced thin
- Crumble 1/2 tsp. dried oregano and 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 Kentucky Fresh Catfish fillets (about one pound)
Serve with lemon wedges
In a small bowl, combine the paprika, oregano, thyme, cayenne, sugar, salt and black pepper. Pat the catfish dry, and sprinkle the spice mixture on both sides of the fillet, coating them well.
In a large skillet, saute the garlic in the oil over moderately high heat, stirring until it is golden brown and discard the garlic. Add the butter, heat it until the foam subsides, and saute the catfish for four minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through.
Transfer the catfish fillets to two plates and serve them with lemon wedges.