¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
¼ cup light mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoons pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon pepper
1 flat iron steak (about 16 oz.)
Salt, as desired
1 loaf (1 lb.) focaccia or ciabatta bread, cut horizontally in half
8 slices tomato
¾ cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
1. Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside. Combine seasoning ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
2. Place steaks on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 9 to 11 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning twice. Carve steak into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired.
3. Spread sauce over bottom half of bread. Top evenly with tomato, steak & cheese. Close sandwich.
4. Place sandwich on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 4 minutes or until cheese is melted, turning once & pressing down on sandwich with spatula to flatten slightly.
5. Cut sandwich crosswise in half. Cut each half diagonally to make 4 triangles.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium & zinc & a good source of fiber.
Nutrition information per serving:
Fat: 14 g
Carbohydrate: 62 g
Fiber: 4.0 g
Protein: 40 g