Sautéed Scallops With Wilted Spinach Salad and Bacon Vinaigrette
- 12 dry packed scallops: 10-20 per lb size
- 1 lb baby spinach
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tblsp minced shallots
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 oz smoked bacon-diced
- 1/3 cup sliced baby mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers
- 2 tblsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oil and bacon together over medium heat and cook until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Bacon dressing: Add shallots and garlic to pan and cook until fragrant. Remove from heat and stir in vinegars and mustard. Whisk to emulsify. Keep warm.
- Heat another pan over high heat with olive oil. When sizzling hot, add salted and peppered scallops. Cook without stirring until brown on one side. Turn over and cook another three minutes.
- Place spinach in a large steel bowl. Pour in bacon dressing and toss lightly over low heat. Divide spinach between 4 salad plates.
- Arrange the rest of the ingredients on top of spinach, and then top with scallops. Serve.