* Pick four of your favorite. This recipe works for them all. I prefer
Fatted Calf''s bone-in ribeyes - king cut!!
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 4 mushrooms, sliced
* 1/2 cup butter
* 3 tbs tarragon vinegar
* 2 tsp finely chopped shallots
* 1/4 cup dry white wine
* dash of pepper and salt
* 3 egg yolks
* 1/2 cup mayo
1) Sprinkle John Henry's Mojave Garlic Pepper on steaks approx one hour
prior to grilling and let warm to room temperature. Grill or smoke steak by
first searing over high heat one minute to a side. This creates a crust on
the meat which will seal in the juices. I like to sear one minute with lid
up to a side and then slow cook on medium heat with lid down four minutes to
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms,
garlic, and peppercorns, and saute until the mushrooms are tender. Serve as
side item with steak.
3. Blend all Bearnaise Sauce ingredients but mayo and heat in small saucepan
on medium heat until thick. Remove from heat and stir in mayo. Servie with
steaks, burgers or seafood.