½ package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (1 crust)
1 quart fresh strawberries, divided
4 squares (1 ounce each) white chocolate for baking
1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
¾ cup cold milk
1 package (3.3 ounces) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1½ cups fresh blueberries
1 cup thawed, frozen light whipped topping
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Let pie crust stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Gently unfold onto lightly floured surface. Roll to 11½ -inch circle using floured Baker’s Roller®. Place crust in Deep Dish Pie Plate, pressing dough into bottom and up sides. Prick bottom and sides using pastry tool. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
2. Rinse strawberries and pat dry on paper towels. Select 8 uniformly-sized strawberries for dipping; cut in half through stem ends using Paring Knife. Set aside. Hull and slice remaining strawberries using Egg Slicer Plus®.
3. Melt white chocolate in Small Micro-Cooker®, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute, stirring every 10 seconds, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Do not overheat. Dip strawberry halves in melted chocolate; place on a sheet of Parchment Paper, cut side down. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until set.
4. Using Skinny Scraper, scrape remaining melted chocolate over bottom of prepared pie crust, spreading evenly to coat entire bottom and sides of crust. Layer sliced strawberries over bottom of crust.
5. Beat cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl with Stainless Whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk until well blended. Add pudding mix; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Spread mixture evenly over strawberries using Classic Scraper.
6. Arrange blueberries evenly over top of pie filling. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator and fill with whipped topping. Pipe topping evenly around edge of pie. Place dipped strawberry halves on whipped topping border. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cut into wedges.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 370, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 290 mg, Dietary Fiber 2 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: 2 Starch, 1 Fruit, 3-1/2 Fat (3 Carb, 3 Fat)
Cook’s Tips: Strawberries must be very dry before dipping into white chocolate; even a drop of water can cause the chocolate to become grainy.
Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling can be substituted for the white chocolate pudding, if desired.
Garnish top of the blueberries with lemon zest using Zester/Scorer, if desired.
Tool Tip: Rinse and drain blueberries in the small Colander, just one of two colanders in the 4-Piece Colander & Bowl Set. While the small colander is perfect for draining tuna, fruits and vegetables, the large colander is great for draining cooked pasta and rinsing salad greens. Two nesting bowls are also included in the set.
©The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2010