Summertime Sensation Casserole
4 strips turkey bacon
1/3 cup minced onion
3 tablespoons diced green pepper
4 ears fresh sweet corn
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
1/3 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a large skillet, cook turkey bacon until crisp.
2. Drain turkey bacon on paper towel, chop and put aside. Do not drain pan. Cook onion and green pepper in bacon drippings over medium heat until tender.
3. Cut corn from cob and add to onion and green pepper mixture in skillet. Add salt, black pepper, basil and tomatoes.
Cook 5-10 minutes. Add chopped turkey bacon and cook an additional minute.
4. Pour skillet contents into
a greased 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
5. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
6. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until cheese is
melted and bubbling.
Yield: 5, ½ cup servings.
Nutrition Analysis: 160 calories, 7 g fat, 2.5 g sat.fat, 25 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 8 g protein.