The Western Kentucky football program has 21 verbal commitments toward the 2018 signing class.
Here's a look at how their senior seasons are going:
• Gino Appleberry, Westlake High School, Atlanta — Played running back for the 7-4 Lions, WHS lost to Marietta in the state playoffs last week. Had 89 carries for 483 yards and four touchdowns this season.
• Devin Bell, Goshen High School, Goshen, Ala. — Playing defensive end for the 10-1 Golden Eagles, GHS hosts Thorsby in the second round of the state playoffs this week.
• Shannon Bishop Jr., Pleasure Ridge Park High School — Had 13 receptions for 307 yards and four touchdowns, a 87-yard kickoff return for a touchdown and also has an interception through four games. The Panthers went 7-5 after losing to St. Xavier in the second round of the state playoffs last week. Bishop had PRP’s lone touchdown on an 80-yard TD on the first play from scrimmage in the St. X loss.
• Arthur Brathwaite, Central High School, Miami, Fla. — Playing defensive back for the 9-2 Rockets, CHS plays Miami Northwestern this week in the state playoffs.
• Gunner Britton, Conway High School, Conway, S.C. — Played offensive line for the 11-2 Tigers. Season ended with a 35-28 loss to Spring Valley in the state playoffs.
• Russell Brown, Lehigh High School, Lehigh Acres, Fla. — Played wide receiver for the 3-6 Lightning this season, had seven receptions for 66 yards and a touchdown in four games. Also had 17 tackles and two sacks on defense.
• Maurquel Dillard, Stranahan High School, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. — Played multiple positions for the Mighty Dragons who ended their season at 6-5-1.
• Roderic Forts, Cedar Grove High School, Ellenwood, Ga. — Playing defensive line, has an interception, 50 tackles – 17 1/2 for a loss – and 8 1/2 sacks for the 11-0 Saints. Cedar Grove hosts Dawson County this week in the second round of the state playoffs.
• Spencer Gaddis, Alpharetta High School, Alpharetta, Ga. — Has 35 receptions for 494 yards and six touchdowns for the 10-1 Raiders. Also has six carries for 32 yards and 53 yards on kickoff returns. Alpharetta travels to Douglas County in the second round of the state playoffs this week.
• Troy Ingle, American Heritage High School, Plantation, Fla. — Playing offensive line for the 9-0 Patriots, AHHS hosts Merritt Island in the state playoffs.
• Tre Leslie, Tucker High School, Tucker, Ga. — Has 34 tackles – six for a loss – and and a sack for the 9-1 Tigers. THS travels to Northside in the second round of the state playoffs.
• Malik Occiur, Northeast High School, Oakland Park, Fla. — Played linebacker and safety this season for the Hurricanes who went 3-7.
• Jayden Patterson, Mountain View High School, Lawrenceville, Ga. — At cornerback, has 26 tackles, three interceptions, a fumble recovery and 12 passes defended for the 9-2 Bears. Mountain View travels to Parkview this week in the second round of state playoffs.
• Deporess Schletty, Alpharetta High School, Alpharetta, Ga. — The defensive lineman has 10 tackles and two sacks in five games for the 10-1 Raiders. Alpharetta travels to Douglas County in the second round of the state playoffs this week.
• Sam Stovall, Notre Dame High School, Chattanooga, Tenn. — Playing offensive line, the Fighting Irish are 10-1 this season and travel to Christ Presbyterian Academy in the second round of the state playoffs this weekend.
• Nazir Sy, Norcross High School, Norcross, Ga. — The defensive lineman had 59 tackles – 16 for a loss – and two sacks for the Blue Devils who finished their season at 5-6.
• Lichon Terrell, Callaway High School, Hogansville, Ga. — Playing defensive line for the 10-1 Cavaliers, CHS travels to Rockmart this week in the second round of the state playoffs.
• Trevez Traynor, Doss High School — Played in four games for the 8-4 Dragons. Doss lost to Montgomery County last week in the second round of the state playoffs.
• Trey Urquhart, North Cobb High School, Kennesaw, Ga. — Played linebacker and running back for the 6-5 Warriors.
• Kawan Williams, Beach High School, Savannah, Ga. — Went 40-for-90 passing for 810 yards and 11 touchdowns with two interceptions, had 29 carries for 199 yards and five scores, six receptions for 123 yards and two TDs, 119 kickoff return yards, 95 punt return yards and 14 tackles for the 5-4 Bulldogs. Williams scored the lone touchdown for BHS over the course of two mini-playoff games, both losses which eliminated the Bulldogs from the state playoffs.
• Mario Wright, Homewood-Flossmoor High School, Flossmoor, Ill. — Played linebacker for the Vikings who went 9-2 this season.
— Follow WBKO sportswriter Chad Bishop on Twitter @MrChadBishop