BROWNSVILLE, Ky. (WBKO) -- An early morning house fire out in Brownsville leaves a home still burning and a family with nothing.
Chalybeate Volunteer Fire Chief Daniel Johnson says his department responded to the fire at 851 Reed Road around 3:00 in the morning, but once they arrived, the home was already engulfed in flames.
As far as what happened, Chief Johnson says everyone made it out of the house safely and suspects no foul play.
"What we found out earlier, is due by electric, electrical issues is what started the fire. All the family did make it out. There was a mom, dad, and a ten-year-old boy who lived in the house. So, they all got out safely."
The Chalybeate Volunteer Fire Department is now collecting clothing and items for the family members who lost their belongings in the fire.
If you're interested in helping out the house fire victims, contact the Chalybeate Volunteer Fire Chief Daniel Johnson at (270) 597-7350 or drop off clothing and home items at the fire department at 1846 Chalybeate Road, Smiths Grove, Kentucky 42171. A fund for donations has also been set up at American Bank and Trust under the name Richardson Family.
-Women's size 6 pants, 7 &1/2 women's shoes, medium-sized shirts.
-Men's size 31-34 jeans, large-sized shirts, size 11 shoes.
-Boy's size 12 pants, large-sized youth shirts, and 5 & 1/2 shoes.